New Zealand Time

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Only one more week!

I'm busy trying to finalize some details of the trip. One thing that I was planning on doing was working on a local farm. The scheme (this is local NZ language) is to sign up with Farm Helpers in New Zealand ($25NZ) and then they send you a list of farms. You work for 4 to 6 hours a day and they provide you with room and board. I wanted to select a small farm that had a variety of animals and activities. I found the perfect farm that was a biodynamic farm. They breed Highland cattle, sheep, milking goats, chicens, geese, pigs, horses, etc. It was exactly what I was looking for. I made contact and had dates set, but the owners had a sudden change in their employment situation and had to withdraw. I've identified a number of other farms and am trying to contact them to see if the dates I have available will work.

No comments:

Post a Comment