New Zealand Time

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Final stretch

It seems like everything is starting to move faster! I have my work list (in pretty good shape), my personal list (still need to start that tax return) and my trip list (still some sections up in the air). I'm still trying to get a farm pinned down. I don't have a back up yet, but I'm sure I can improvise something when I'm over there if it doesn't work, but it would be nice to have it finalized before I leave.

My flight over and back is a little convoluted. I wanted to use miles and had enough on American and United to go business or first class which I figured is the way to go for that much time in the air. I started calling for reservations in November (I know, I was a little late) and thought since I was flexible and had a choice of 2 airlines, that this shouldn't be a problem. I was wrong. United said they had nothing at all for months. American had a person that worked very hard with me and we finally got something. I fly to LA on American and then take Air Pacific (ever heard of it?) to Auckland with a 3 1/2 hour layover in Fiji. Coming back I'm on Air Tahiti Nui (another biggie!) with a one hour layover in Tahiti. What was I thinking of with the short layovers? When is the next time I'm going to get to Fiji or Tahiti? I should have at least burned a day or two (or more) at each of them. The flight over I leave at 4:20 PM on the 6th of March and arrive in Auckland at 11:45 AM on the 8th of March. The return flight I leave Auckland at 2:05 PM on the 8th of April and get to Chicago at 5:50 PM on the 8th of April. My layover in Tahiti is on the 9th of April!

I'm ready to go now!

No comments:

Post a Comment