New Zealand Time

Monday, March 15, 2010

Trying to forget about work!

I've been very successful at not thinking about work. At the cocktail hour at Treetop, people were asking where everyone was from and what they did. I mentioned that I worked for a CPA firm in the states. One gentleman from Auckland said that he was a tax accountant. I said our firm has some offices in Auckland, and he asked who that was. I said RSM. He pulled out a very familiar looking blue and white business card. He is a partner with the Auckland office of RSM. Out of respect for being on holiday, we did not talk much about business, but did talk about common acquaintances.

It just goes to show how small a world it is.

By the way, Grant explained that their busy season did not really start until April. He also explained that the owner of the resort is a friend and neighbor of his. He was also impressed that I took the scenic route (gravel roads) on my earlier drive!

No comments:

Post a Comment