New Zealand Time

Friday, March 5, 2010

Work is finished

The e mail and voice mail are off. The last day of work was not very bad. This whole week was one of making lists and trying to finish up projects. The big difference has been that there were no new "assignments" being added to the plate. Therefore as the week went on and I finished up some of the open items, there was nothing taking it's place. It is great to see the inbox dwindle down to next to nothing. It is also very comforting to have a great team at work that will cover for you, so there is nothing to worry about.

Tomorrow is the final checking of the lists and finish packing. I do have a few things around the house that I want to get done also. The only thing that appears is not going to get done is the tax return. I'll have about a week to do this when I get home. I always work better under pressure.

I believe (based on my last sabbatical), that tomorrow when I get on the plane, I will quickly forget about work and instead focus on the trip and adventure ahead of me. I'm fortunate to be able to have the ability to compartmentalize.

Tomorrow it starts.

No comments:

Post a Comment